TAPAS [traditional ashtanga practioners atlantic society]
we are a not for profit organization aimed at building a community of yoga practitioners & promoting the traditional teachings of Manju P. Jois the eldest son of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. TAPAS is an affiliate of European Academy of Ashtanga Yoga.
- to build a broad-based community of ashtanga yoga practitioners throughout Atlantic Canada and beyond.
- to develop a comprehensive web-based members' directory.
- to disseminate information & education on traditional ashtanga teachings through our website, newsletters & workshops.
- to provide a community hub/meeting place for members to gather, practice & teach.
Manju P. Jois is recognized as the foremost authority on ashtanga yoga. Amidst the development of a plethora of yoga styles and practises throughout the west, Manju has dedicated his life to teaching traditional yoga as transmitted to him by his father. He has traveled the world for almost five decades teaching this ancient practice of yoga. Manju's teachings go far beyond asana to include meditative chants and pranayama, all taught in an inspiring, humorous and interpretive way. Students & teachers worldwide continue to benefit from his Mysore classes, yoga therapy workshops & teacher trainings as he encouraging his students to to incorporate the true meaning of yoga into their daily lives - 'unite with yourself'.
"Manju Jois is dedicated to his mission of training teachers in the ancient style of yoga, which combines asanas, pranayama and, meditation chants for a mind body spirit unification.' (www.manjujois.com)
- join a broad-based community of traditional yoga practitioners
- receive a listing in our members directory
- receive teachings on traditional practises through our subscription newsletter & website
- receive a listing in our members calendar of events (teachers).
- receive a preferred rate at our annual workshop & teacher training
- General $120
- Teaching $150
- Supporting: $240/$360/$480
i n f o @ a s h t a n g a a t l a n t i c . c o m